APPLY FOR NEW 2019 SCHOLARSHIPS
All application materials will be posted on Scholarship Central for 2019: https://stlouisgraduates.academicworks.com/opportunities/2486
This page provides an overview of the materials you will to apply through Scholarship Central. All documents must be uploaded by March 30, 2019.
The Scholarship Committee will begin their review of application materials shortly after the deadline. Decisions will be announced in writing in June, 2019.
Please note that multiple items must be uploaded as part of your application on Scholarship Central. The following are items required of your application and must be uploaded to “Scholarship Central”
- Application– All application questions must be answered and will be included in the link on Scholarship Central
- Submit two Recommendations– Recommendations are required and at least one must be from a teacher or counselor. Instructions for how your reference can submit your reference form electronically will be provided on “Scholarship Central”
- A Copy of your Letter of Acceptance from the college you plan to attend must be uploaded as part of your application
- FAFSA (Free Applicant for Federal Student Aid) You must upload a completed FAFSA that has been processed by the Federal Processor **(SEE BELOW)
- Copy of A Utility Bill– send a current utility bill from your residence to verify residency in East St. Louis or Brooklyn.Utility bill must not be older than 90 days
- Official Academic Transcript– All applicants must arrange for an official transcript to be sent directly from their high school to the Greater East St. Louis Office. The transcript must show Fall semester grades with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
All Applications must be completed and submitted electronically via Scholarship Central no later than March 30, 2019
** Make sure you submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application before applying to our program. You will be required to upload a copy of your FAFSA document as part of our application process. Prospective College Students are able to begin submitting their FAFSA applications on October 1, 2018. Here is the link to begin competing your FAFSA: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
2019 Renewal Applications are available for Students who have previously been approved and are now requesting their next scholarship disbursement. Renewal Applications will also be posted on Scholarship Central http://stlouisgraduates.academicworks.com/opportunities/2486. Students must have also submit a current transcript and enrollment Form or Class Schedule showing full-time enrollment for the Fall, 2019.